Too many notifications from Facebook memories have brought me here. About a year back, I’d been playing around with these pictures from a trip to Bhutan that took place two years ago and made a silly photo-story out of it. I’m just putting it on my blog now, because more than any other place, Bhutan is one that can’t be captured in words alone. And because, well, I miss the mountains. (All pictures in this post were clicked either by Gopica Dhawan – who is a great at clicking pictures! – or by one of us bunch of buffoons who happened to have held her camera for a bit.)
1. Just some mountains to get you started
2. And a burning lamp
3. And a makeshift vase with flowers
4. And what looks like a Tiger’s Nest
5. Wait, let’s get a closer look
6. And… closer, yes that’s the Takhtsang Lakhang, Tiger’s Nest to you
7. Merry flags on the climb up to old TN
8. We have our own DIY shrines
9. And lots of DIY jewellery
10. And cherry blossoms
11. Yes, see
12. Yes, in different hues
13. CHERRY BLOSSOMS! You thought only Japan or Shillong had ’em
14. Our graffiti’s way cooler than yours
15. And so are our cats
16. There’s a good kitty
17. Wait, you said Delhi has wide roads, is it?
18. But does it have such rivers running along them?
19. So clear…
20. Yes, rivers
21. And such sunsets!
22. And such vast expanse of open space
23. And Buddha statues like these
24. And such houses
25. We make our own paper
26. All handmade!
27. From this to soft papyrus, yeah!
28. Branded, of course…
29. We like our doorways like this –
30. And our buildings made of heavy stone
31. With the sills done up all prettily
32. (Dragon tails are pretty too)
33. And so are our babies
34. And our (baby) monks!
35. And our people…
36. And our dried cheese – nope, that is not paneer!
37. Oh, and I forgot to mention…
38. We eat foreigners.
39. LOL, jk!
40. We’re a happy country
41. And when we’re happy and we know it
42. We play holi!
Let me know how you liked this little encounter with Bhutan.